Frequency Asked Questions

Frequency Asked Questions

Why should we choose you?

This can always be a hard question to answer without sounding big headed.  However, I have loads of public speaking experience, enjoy working with people and am passionate about helping couples have the most memorable ceremony ever.   Why don’t we meet so you can find out more about me for yourself.

When should we book you?

Book as soon as you have decided on your date, time and venue.  Celebrants can be fully booked months in advance especially in the warmer months.  So don’t leave it as your last thing to do.

How long does a ceremony last?

Ceremonies usually take 20 – 30 minutes. It depends on your taste.  Adding rituals or poems can increase the time.

Can we get married anywhere in Australia?

Yes. A registered Marriage Celebrant is permitted to perform wedding ceremonies anywhere in Australia. This includes remote islands, hot air balloons, airplanes and boats.

We want to elope, what do we need to do?

All you need is to complete the legalities with your Celebrant and have two people, who are eighteen years old or over to witness your wedding ceremony.  Just remember you need to complete the legalities according to the legal requirements.

Where can I get married?

Anywhere you like! On a beach, in a park, in my office, in your back garden, at the Kings Park, or even in a hot air balloon!

We want to get married in a park or on a beach do we need permission?

In some places around Perth you may need to.  So …Yes. It is best to contact the local council in the area you want to get married to see if there are fees or restrictions.

Can we write our own vows?

Yes.   In fact I encourage this.  However, some couples like to do this while others while others may need a little assistance.  Don’t worry I have this covered.

Do we have to memorise our vows?

No, not unless you want to. You may choose to repeat your vows after me or read them from a card.

Does the wife have to take her husbands surname?

No. This is a personal preference.  However, most women prefer to take their husbands surname.

Can our children be part of the ceremony?

Of course. I have some lovely ways in making children feel special and involved for your ceremony.

What legal wording is required by the bride and groom?

Legally you will both need to say, “I call upon everyone here present to witness that I (bride’s name/groom’s name), take you, (groom’s name/bride’s name) to be my wedded (husband/wife/spouse)” before you commence your own vows.

What legal wording is required by the celebrant?

The Celebrant must state the Monitum from the Marriage Act

“I am duly authorised by law to solemnise marriages according to law.

Before you are joined in marriage in my presence and in the presence of everyone here, I am to remind you of the solemn and binding nature of the relationship into which you are now about to enter.

Marriage, according to law in Australia, is the union of two people to the exclusion of all others, voluntarily entered into for life.”


If the bride and or groom cannot speak english a translator will be required. It can be a family member or a friend.

Leave a Reply